Thursday, April 27, 2006

Note on the garbage bin of an apartment block

"To the person
or persons
using this BFI bin for their personal
garbage; please stop. The cardboard
was bad enough, since recycling receptacles
are but three steps further
but really, sir or madam,
a six month old Christmas tree
AND
your ancient, wartorn toilet?
You have crossed the line.

I have complained. The city has
given permission to name names,
to write down houses. Tickets
may be written.
The garbage man is pissed, as
your pissoire dented his truck.
Enough, already. Get a can
of your own, you freeloader.

Also,
don't think I don't know
who you are.
I do.
An anonymous notes, however,
gives you the chance to bow silently
from the field, retaining whatever dignity
you have after hauling a used toilet
up to the level of your eyes so as
to make it over the edge of our bin.

Heed my warning, sir or madam.
I am watching you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home